Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Emerald City

James and I have been in Seattle for a week now. We found an apartment the day after we got here, which has been both a huge blessing and a gigantic pain in the ass, as new apartments generally are. The apartment has pretty much everything we wanted, gas stove, bathtub, two bedrooms, fireplace, and pets are allowed. Street parking for now, but so far that's been pretty easy, unlike Honolulu. I'll put some pictures up once our stuff arrives- we've even got a view of Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains. I think once summer rolls around we'll have a great place, it has a HUGE balcony that will be so awesome for eating dinner on. (Parties too, if we ever make any friends.)

I've been offered several jobs so far, but I think I'll ultimately end up taking one in Queen Anne. James has had a couple of job interviews, and one that seems pretty promising at Progressive Tech. We're completely without furniture or internet in our place. We come down to the coffee shop in our building to drink coffee and steal internet. Actually, everyone here has been pretty great, they even send food home with us at the end of the day.

I miss Hawaii. It's impossible to miss anytime someone asks me about Hawaii, I light up and talk almost non-stop. I think that will get easier, but I am awfully homesick right now. Q and Matt are talking about a spring break adventure reunion here, which would be extremely cool. (This is open to anyone who wants to come, so long as you don't mind sleeping on floorspace in our apartment.) Of course I miss the weather, and the sun, but mostly I just miss my friends.


I got a cold as soon as we got here, but it resolved pretty quickly. Now James has one. We get internet on Monday, so today and tomorrow should be it in terms of extremely slow boring weekends. I'll start getting paid next week, which means the end of this being as broke as two people can possibly be. We may even have enough money by next weekend to buy a bed! It was almost 50 degrees today, which really isn't bad unless the wind is blowing. If it's nice again tomorrow I want to go out and take some pictures.


We live about a mile and a half from the Space Needle, for anyone who was wondering, though we haven't actually gone over there yet.

No comments: