Saturday, February 23, 2008

Obituary


My father's remains were cremated on Friday. I think I'll be flying out to be with my brother and his family on Thursday evening or Friday morning of this week. I think I need it for me more than he needs me there. It will be the first time James will meet my family. Kinda sucky circumstances, and one of my few regrets with regards to my father is that he and James never got to spend any time together.

This will be going into the paper in Portales, NM, and Omaha, NE. I wrote it at the request of my Aunt Debbie, and I've had a lot of people proofread it now. I suppose mostly I'm putting it here for my own purposes.

"Thomas Paul Husted passed away on February 19, 2008, at the age of 51. He died of a stroke in Lubbock, Texas while visiting his brother. Tom was born to John Husted and June Husted York on March 18, 1956 in Omaha, Nebraska. He lived his childhood and early adult years in Nebraska, and moved with his family to Kansas in 1985. His final move was to Hot Springs, Arkansas, to be near his grandsons. Tom is survived by his daughter Rita Husted Scott, his son Michael Husted, his older brother Harold Walrath, his two older sisters Deborah Wyscarver and Kristine Lemmon, and three grandsons, Dillon, Carter and Morgan, as well as extended family and many close friends. His ashes will remain in the care of his immediate family. Memorial donations may be sent to the American Diabetes Association in honor of Thomas Husted."

No comments: